This document is intended to outline the ethos of Free Pride events so that everyone can enjoy the event and feel safe in the knowledge that inappropriate behaviour will not be permitted.
Free Pride is a group of LGBTQIA+ individuals with a vision to address the commercialisation of mainstream pride, to remind society that pride is a protest and that the opinions of the LGBTQIA+ community are valid and to be heard, and to create a safer space that prioritises the voices of those most marginalised and is accessible to all.
In working to achieve this vision, we recognise the necessity of a safe and positive environment. As such, Free Pride adheres to this Safer Spaces Policy and Code of Conduct. This policy is a work in progress and suggestions for alterations and improvements are welcome.
· No Homophobia, transphobia, ageism, racism, ableism, sexism, xenophobia or prejudice based on ethnicity, nationality, class, gender presentation, language ability, HIV status, asylum status or religious affiliation.
· Respect other people’s spaces both mental and physical- harassment or assault of any kind will not be tolerated.
· Respect the right to challenge behaviour which makes people feel uncomfortable in the space and do not make others uncomfortable.
· Do not heckle performers or DJs.
· Do not make assumptions about anyone’s gender/sexuality.
If you have any issues on the night please contact venue staff, security or organisers and we can work together to resolve the situation.